Protein Pancakes







Hello 2018! 

I'm back and with a healthy recipe! Pancakes are my favorite and I didn't want to give up my favorite breakfast food to compensate my new healthy lifestyle goals (7 pounds down by the way!). So after a few trial runs, I have found a delicious and filling pancake to satisfy my breakfast sweet tooth cravings! I usually make these on Sunday and refrigerate them to eat throughout the week for breakfast. They also freeze great if you want to make a giant batch! Just simply reheat in the microwave and the chocolate chips will get all melty and gooey. Yum! Let me know in the comments your favorite healthy breakfast food!

Recipe:

  • 1/3 cup rolled oats - can add more to make a thicker batter
  • 1 medium/large banana
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder - for fluffy pancakes
  • 1 teaspoon of olive oil butter - for the pan. can use coconut oil or any cooking spray
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips - optional. can use fruit instead
  • 2 tablespoons of maple syrup - optional
Makes 6 small/medium pancakes. Calories per pancake (including butter and syrup): 101.


1. Blend banana, oats, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in blender.
2. Mix in chocolate chips by hand until nicely blended.
3. Heat medium sized non-stick pan on medium heat with olive oil butter until melted.
4. Pour small/medium sized pancakes into pan and cook like normal pancakes.
5. Add syrup on top. Devour!


No comments:

Post a Comment